Race 1 - 12:40PM MARKEY SADDLERY HUGH BOWMAN CUP SHOWCASE MAIDEN PLATE (1400 METRES)
1. Banju has placed five times from his five starts but the four-year-old has bumped into some pretty handy gallopers in all of those. He covered ground in his last start third in what has subsequently proven to be a deep race. No excuses today.
Dangers: 8. O’Tartan Lass drops back from provincial class races. Like the way 2. Clay Pan Boogie speared to the line on debut at Gunnedah but there is a big query hangs over what he raced against there.
How to play it: Banju to win. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 2 - 1:20PM ERIN'S QUALITY OUTDOOR POWER CENTRE TULLOCH CUP CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1800 METRES)
2. Timely Shadow has a bit on these class-wise and it’s only a 5kg spread from top to bottom. Hasn’t missed a top-three finish in his last five starts, all in provincial company. Only has to hold his form to win this and handles all conditions.
Dangers: 2. Black Star Bowie has had plenty of chances but brings a strong SP profile, despite being beaten at Scone last start. 4. Wadi Musa finally broke through last start and can go on with it now.
How to play it: Timely Shadow to win. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 3 - 1:55PM KENNARDS HIRE 'IDA TRAILL' CUP F&M SHOWCASE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
7. Winning Business ran a respectable sixth in a deep race at Warwick Farm first-up behind Deniki, and Osamu won in fast time. Drops back to country company and finds a race with only two or three winning hopes.
Dangers: One of those is of course the favourite 1. Egyptian Missile but she is becoming costly to punters and I’m not brave enough to steam in at skinny odds until she puts a field away. Gets the chance to do that here.
How to play it: Winning Business to win. Odds & Evens: Odds.
Race 4 - 2:30PM LITHGOW FURNITURE & BEDDING RISING PRINCE CUP CG&E SHOWCASE MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
8. Legal Challenge didn’t look to handle the heavy track at all on debut yet still ran through the line. Was tipped straight out after that by Richard Litt and like the way he has trialled up since, coasting through the line. The better the track the better his chances.
Dangers: 3. O’Mudgee backs up after getting every chance at Nowra last start. His race experience counts here but punter’s patience is wearing thin. 2. Double Deposit and debutant 5. Grazie have trialled sweetly.
How to play it: Legal Challenge each way. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 5 - 3:10PM EDNEY RYAN'S "THE BARB" BENCHMARK 58 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
6. Kypreos should be within striking distance from a perfect draw. Needed 1400m to win his maiden last preparation but did resume that campaign with a fast-finishing fourth at Newcastle over 1200m. Speed looks genuine enough to suit here.
Dangers: 4. Khitaamy is fit, consistent and will drive forward to make his own luck. Expect another top-three finish. The Dean Mirfin-trained 7. Supergaze looks the best of the rest.
How to play it: Kypreos to win. Odds & Evens: Evens.
Race 6 - 3:50PM BATHURST RSL CLUB GOLD CIRCLE CUP CLASS 1 SHOWCASE HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
6. Undeniable was very good first up last preparation in a deep 900m maiden at Newcastle before cracking his maiden a couple of starts later at Moruya. This is an ideal kick off for her on the back of two encouraging trials.
Dangers: 1. Cymbalic returns a gelding and finds a new home with Gayna Williams. Will be better over further though, so could find a couple of these a touch too sharp. 3. Alfstar draws wide but he’s in the mix too.
How to play it: Undeniable to win. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 7 - 4:30PM RAY WHITE EMMS MOONEY BATHURST CUP (1800 METRES)
Chances aplenty in this but there is a sense of timing about 5. Toulon Brook third up out to 1800m. He made steady ground in the Dubbo Cup last start at a meeting where leaders proved hard to catch.
Dangers: There wasn’t much between the likes of 1. Boomtown Rat and 2. Highly Desired through that same race. 4. Pecuniary Interest has won three of his past four and brings a different form line.
How to play it: Toulon Brook to win. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 8 - 5:10PM RAY WHITE EMMS MOONEY THE PANORAMA (1300 METRES)
8. La La Loopsy shouldn’t be scored down too much on her last-start effort as she was out of her depth in Group company. Drawn to give away a big start but it’s a long run to the first turn so if she can find a three-wide trail, she’s a blowout hope.
Dangers: 1. Hit The Target’s best is too good for these but he doesn’t get the set up to produce his best, being a wet track and drawn very wide. 3. Worldly Pleasure maps to land in the right spot from the inside.
How to play it: La La Loopsy each way. Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 1: (1) Banju
Race 2: (2) Timely Shadow
Race 7: (5) Toulon Brook
Tips supplied by Racing NSW.
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au