Tim Tszyu rates his clinical dismantling of Jeff Horn only a six-out-of-10 performance in an indication of how much improvement he has before his night bout.
Tszyu will feature in the first Sydney stadium fight since 2006 in a promotion that will also headline Paul Gallen taking on former UFC star Mark Hunt.
The undefeated Tszyu will take on New Zealand fighter Bowyn Morgan in a historic double-header at Bankwest Stadium on December 16. It is the first co-main event ever held in Australia and the first Sydney stadium fight since Anthony Mundine first fought Danny Green in 2006.
More than two decades after his father, Kostya, claimed the IBF world super lightweight title at Parramatta Stadium against Hugo Pineda, Tszyu jnr will get the chance to also make his mark at the redeveloped venue.
"I hadn't even turned one. I don't remember anything," he said of his father's fight with Pineda. "It's a great feeling. Dad did it here, he did it in Townsville. We're going down the same path.
"It's pretty insane. I'm blessed to be fighting in a stadium like this and to do it in front of my home fans is even better."
If successful against Morgan, Tszyu said he wanted the next fight to be for a world title at Bankwest.
"In this stadium is the plan," he said. "I think it means more to everyone around me. For me, I just want to be the best.
"I've got no emotion, no feeling. This is just business for me."
Tszyu announced himself on the world stage with a clinical dismantling of Horn in Townsville in August. It was the best performance of his career to date, a TKO victory that confirmed his status as the face of Australian boxing.
However, the 25 year old said he was capable of much more. Asked to give himself a score out of 10, he said: "Six. Sixish. It wasn't a perfect performance.
"There's so much more. I believe I'm still a rookie.
"I stuck to the game plan, I didn't let him bully me because I knew I was the bigger and stronger man."
Gallen's undefeated record will go on the line against Hunt after the coronavirus outbreak put paid to plans to fight in April. It will be the former Cronulla captain's first fight since a controversial draw with Barry Hall in Melbourne last year.
Hunt, meanwhile, is fighting battles on two fronts; against Gallen and the UFC. He said he was taking legal action against UFC for exploiting its fighters, alleging the organisation was forcing him to take fights against known drug cheats.
"Paul Gallen is a tough guy, but it's the battle with the UFC that's hindered my career," Hunt said.
"Every time I try to make a run for it, I'll come up against a cheater and I'll lose. They're not doing a damn thing about it. I got to the fourth cheater and I had to do something about it."